ADA compliant guest rooms are available and should be reserved in advance. For more information, please contact the hotel directly.
Alcoholic beverage service is restricted to those 21 years or older with valid identification.
Age Requirement Policy
Guests must be at least 21 years of age to check in at Explore Hotel and Hostel.
Check-In and Check-Out Policy
Explore Hotel and Hostel’s guaranteed check-in time is at 3PM (EST) and check-out time is at 12PM (EST).
Requests for early check-in & late check-out will be handled based on hotel availability at the time of check-in (an additional fee is payable for guaranteed late check-out & early check out). Explore Hotel and Hostel can accommodate guest luggage complimentary in a secure location until the guest room is ready.
Should you need to confirm an earlier arrival than the hotel’s standard check-in time or a departure later than noon, please contact the hotel directly in advance. If you plan to arrive earlier than the hotel’s check-in time and want to guarantee that you would be able to check into your room upon arrival, we would advise you to reserve the night prior to the date of arrival. Exceeding check-out times without notifying the front desk in advance can result in extra charges, including, but not limited to, late check-out fees and/or an extra night’s charges being applied to your bill.
Early Departure Policy
All departures prior to date agreed at time of check-in will be subject to a one night’s room and tax early departure charge.
Credit/Debit Card Policy
Debit and Credit cards will be authorized at check-in for the amount of your stay, plus an amount to cover incidentals. The authorization will hold the funds until check out, at which time the amount actually incurred during the stay will be charged. Authorized amounts may take up to 30 days after departure to be released by your bank or financial institution and the hotel will not be responsible for any resulting fees or charges.
If guest is paying cash, a deposit equal to the room, tax plus $30 per day towards incidentals might be collected at check-in.
For payment arrangements to a third-party credit card, please contact the hotel’s reservations department at least 72 hours prior to guest’s arrival. Our Reservations Department is open Monday through Sundays, 24 hours per day at (201) 330-1144 or email us at email@example.com.
Travelers Check Cashing Policy
Check cashing services are available to guests who present valid identification. There is a limit of $200 per stay.
Rollaway Bed & Baby Cot Policy
A rollaway bed may be arranged for private rooms only for a $25 per night charge plus taxes.
All children under 2 years of age stay free of charge and baby cots are not available, at the hotel.
Maximum capacity of baby cots per room is one. All children under 4 years of age stay free of charge when using existing bedding. All children over 4 years of age will be considered as an adult.
An extra person charge of $30 plus taxes will apply for any reservations exceeding
maximum occupancy. Please see the following for the maximum occupancy for each room:
* Bed in a 4 bed dormitory: 1 person maximum per bed (extra person fee does not apply for 2nd person; 2nd person must book separately).
* Bed in a 8 bed dormitory: 1 person maximum per bed (extra person fee does not apply for 2nd person; 2nd person must book separately).
* Bed in a female dormitory: 1 person maximum per bed (extra person fee does not apply for 2nd person; 2nd person must book separately).
* Private room: 2 persons maximum per room (extra person fee applies for 3rd person) (Our private rooms carry a full bed or 1 bunk bed, an extra person would have to rent a rollaway bed which includes a rental fee, thus making the total for the extra person fee $55 per night plus taxes)
Fire Safety Policy
The hotel is fully equipped with smoke detectors and emergency evacuation plans in all rooms and public areas.
A valid credit card guarantee, deposit or pre-payment is required at the time of booking.
Package Handling Policy
Each reservation is allowed two complimentary incoming/outbound packages that are less than 5lbs .
Packages over 6lbs to 20lbs will be charged a package handling fee of $5 (2 quantities maximum). A package handling fee of $10 total applies if packages exceed 20lbs or exceeds the maximum quantity requirement. This shipping and handling fee applies to the aforementioned materials shipped to the hotel and covers the following services:
* Receiving shipments
* Secured storage
* Distribution of shipments
Explore Hotel and Hostel can only hold incoming packages for guests 24 hours prior to the arrival date of the reservation, and can hold outbound packages 24 hours after the departure date, due to limited storage space. All incoming/outbound packages will be returned to the sender if the package is held in storage more than 24 hours. We highly recommend scheduling your delivery date accordingly (preferably during your stay). Explore Hotel and Hostel is not responsible, for any lost or stolen items.
Multiple packages within a single shipment should be sequentially numbered, i.e., 1 of 3, 2 of 3, 3 of 3
with the Primary Guest’s Name and reservation number. It may be helpful to make note of individual
package contents to ensure that itemized records of all materials are available in the event of damage
or non-receipt. All materials should be addressed as follows:
Explore Hotel and Hostel
415 38th st
Union City, NJ 07087
Hold for (Primary Guest Name)
Arrival and Departure Date of Reservation & Reservation Number
The “Union City Municipal Code” states that smoking is not permitted in public places and
places of employment. All guest rooms and public spaces are 100% non-smoking at Explore Hotel and Hostel. A $250 cleaning fee will be charged to any guest who violates the smoking policy.
Hotel does not offer the option of a waitlist if fully committed.
Lost and Found Policy
Explore Hotel and Hostel is not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen personal items. All rooms are equipped with in-room lockers, and our Front Office offers a safety deposit box facility. Should any guests lose personal belongings whilst staying at Explore Hotel and Hostel, if recovered, the item will be recorded as ‘found’. Explore Hotel and Hostel keeps detailed records of all ‘found’ items, and will make a reasonable effort to contact the guest if an item is left in the hotel’s guest room after the guest has checked-out which will be placed in our Lost & Found safety box. We will ship items back at the owner’s expense. Any items in the Lost & Found, which are not claimed within ninety (90) days, will be donated to a local charity or discarded.
Explore Hotel and Hostel has a zero tolerance policy in which it will refuse to admit or refuse service or
accommodation in the hotel or may remove a person who: while on the premises of the hotel acts in
an obviously intoxicated or disorderly manner, destroys or threatens to destroy hotel property, or
causes or threatens to cause a public disturbance; or refuses or is unable to pay for the accommodations or services. Explore Hotel and Hostel may limit the number of persons who may occupy a
particular guest room in the hotel and will only allow registered guests to use its facilities. A person
who negligently or intentionally causes damage to the hotel or any furniture or furnishings within
the hotel, shall be liable for damages sustained by the hotel staff, including the hotel’s loss of revenue
resulting from the inability to rent or lease rooms while the damage is being repaired.
Explore Hotel and Hostel does not allow pets due to concerns that some guests have allergic reactions towards pet dander and due to the threat of ticks and fleas.
We provide housekeeping service everyday between the hours of 8AM to 4:00 PM.
Equipment Rental Policy
Explore Hotel and Hostel provides umbrellas or adaptors upon request for a refundable deposit of $20USD.
Website Term of use
Xplorehotelandhostel.com offers information on hotels and hostels independently owned and managed. Access to and use of this Web site is subject to the following terms and conditions, and all applicable laws and regulations, including laws and regulations governing copyright and trademark. BY ACCESSING THIS WEB SITE, YOU AGREE TO ACCEPT, WITHOUT LIMITATION OR QUALIFICATION, ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS HEREIN. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO EACH AND ALL OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PLEASE CEASE USE OF THE SITE AND LEAVE THE SITE IMMEDIATELY. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change and or modify portions of these terms at any time without notice and, unless otherwise indicated, such changes will become effective immediately; therefore, please check these terms periodically for changes.
- The services of this Site are available only to individuals who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law, and thus, are not available to minors. By using this Site, you represent that you are of sufficient legal age to use this Site and to create binding legal obligations for any liability you may incur as a result of the use of this Site. You also warrant that you are legally authorized to make the travel reservations and/or purchases for either yourself or for another person for whom you are authorized to act.
- The content and information used and displayed on this Web site, including but not limited to text, software, photographs, graphics, illustrations and artwork, video, music and sound, names, logos, trademarks and service marks, are the property of Xplore Hotels and Hostels, and are protected by copyright, trademark and other laws. Any such content may be displayed solely for your personal, non-commercial use. The modification, reproduction, transmission, distribution, dissemination, selling, publication, broadcasting or circulation this material is strictly prohibited.
- Xplore Hotels and Hostels’ Internet sites may contain or reference trademarks, patents, copyrighted materials, trade secrets, technologies, products, processes or other proprietary rights of Xplore Hotels and Hostels and/or other parties. No license to or right in any such trademarks, patents, copyrighted materials, trade secrets, technologies, products, processes and other proprietary rights of Xplore Hotel and Hostel and/or other parties is granted to or conferred upon you.
- You agree that you will not use any device, software or other instrumentality to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of our site, and that you will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure. In addition, you agree that you will not use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy our web pages or the content contained herein, without the prior express consent from an authorized Xplore Hotels and Hostels representative (such consent is deemed given for standard search engine technology employed by Internet search web sites to direct Internet users to this site).
- You agree that you will make only legitimate reservations in good faith for use by you and your invited guests only, and not for other purposes, including without limitation, reselling, impermissibly assigning or posting on third party Web sites, or making speculative, false or fraudulent reservations, or any reservation in anticipation of demand. In its sole discretion, in addition to any other rights or remedies available to Xplore Hotels and Hostels, and without any liability whatsoever to you, Xplore Hotels and Hostels, at any time and without notice, may terminate or restrict your access to this Site and any related services.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law,Xplore Hotels and Hostels, its affiliates, and third parties connected to Xplore Hotels and Hostels hereby expressly exclude any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with Xplore Hotels and Hostels’ Site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the Site, any Web sites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for loss of income or revenue; loss of business; loss of profits or contracts; loss of anticipated savings; loss of data; loss of goodwill; wasted management or office time; and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above. This does not affect Xplore Hotels and Hostels’ liability for death or personal injury arising from its negligence, nor its liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law. YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AGAINST XPLORE HOTELS AND HOSTELS, ITS AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES AND LICENSORS ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND/OR ANY RELATED PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. IN THE EVENT XPLORE HOTELS AND HOSTELS IS HELD LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES RELATED TO THIS SITE, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY WILL BE LIMITED TO REIMBURSEMENT OF THE CHARGES FOR SERVICES OR PRODUCTS PAID BY YOU THAT WERE NOT PROVIDED TO YOU. YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO BRING ANY CLAIM OR ACTION RELATED TO THIS SITE BEYOND ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE FIRST OCCURRENCE OF THE KIND OF ACT, EVENT, CONDITION OR OMISSION UPON WHICH SUCH CLAIM OR ACTION IS BASED.
- You agree to indemnify and holdXplore Hotels and Hostels and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorney’s fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this agreement or the documents it incorporates by reference, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party. Xplore Hotels and Hostels failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive its right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
- Xplore Hotels and Hostels information may contain technical inaccuracies and typographical errors, including but not limited to inaccuracies relating to pricing or availability applicable to your transaction. Xplore Hotels and Hostels shall not assume responsibility or liability for any such inaccuracies, errors or omissions, and shall have no obligation to honor reservations or information affected by such inaccuracies. Xplore Hotels and Hostels reserves the right to make changes, corrections, cancellations and/or improvements to Xplore Hotels and Hostels information, and to the products and programs described in such information, at any time without notice, including after confirmation of a transaction.
- Xplore Hotels and Hostels does not review or monitor any Web sites linked to explorehotelandhostel.com and is not responsible for the content of such Web sites. Your linking to these Web sites is at your own risk. Xplore Hotels and Hostels is not responsible for the privacy policies of those sites or the cookies those sites use. In addition, because Xplore Hotels and Hostels has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that Xplore Hotels and Hostels is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials available on or available from such sites or resources. Xplore Hotels and Hostels reserves the right, at any time, for any reason not prohibited by law, to deny permission to anyone linking a Web site to explorehotelandhostel.com.